- This event has passed.
HALT Online National Diabetes Prevention Program
August 30 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Take the first step towards a healthier lifestyle and join the National Diabetes Prevention Program!
August 30,2021 – Sept 13,2021
Information session August 30, 2021 from 3-4pm.
The FREE National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP) is a 12-month program delivered virtually via your mobile phone or computer through the HALT Diabetes Platform.
The NDPP is a private secure experience that includes:
- 26 video lessons via mobile phone or computer over 12 months
- Weekly lessons for initial 4 months followed by monthly lessons (for a list of topics covered in this program go to https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention/pdf/Curriculum_TOC.pdf )
- Unlimited Lifestyle Coach engagement for 12 months
- Weekly videos that participants can view at their convenience
- An Online community so you can share experiences with individuals in your group
- A Lifestyle Coach to lead your program and give you personal feedback throughout the 12month program
The Goal of the program is to cut your risk of developing diabetes in half by:
- Losing 5-7% of your current weight
- Increasing your physical activity to 150 minutes a week
- Lesson activities will include:
o 1 video lesson (Videos will be posted each Monday, and you will be able to watch the video at your leisure within that weeks’ time)
- Meal photo-journaling, activity tracking, and weight tracking
Please contact Kim Torsiello, Community Educations Coordinator and NDPP Lifestyle Coach with any questions or to register: email@example.com 301-790-0275, ext. 231