- This event has passed.
National Diabetes Prevention Program-Online
June 16, 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pmFree
National DPP is developed by the CDC and Prevention that has been shown to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes in those who are at high risk.
If you are overweight or have prediabetes, participate in our CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle change program.
What: National Diabetes Prevention Program – Online
Starts: Wednesday, June 16 at 1:30 pm
Duration: 16 core sessions are held weekly for one hour then participants will attend post core sessions one hour once a month for 6 months.
Where: The comfort of your home! (We are offering this workshop virtually)
This curriculum will address:
- How to eat healthy without giving up all the food you love.
- How to add physical activity to your life, even if you don’t think you have time .
- How to cope with challenges that can derail your hard work-like how to choose healthy food when eating out.
- How to get back on track if you stray from your plan- because everyone slips now and then.
- During the post core part of this program, participants will enhance the skills they’ve learned so changes can be maintained.
To be eligible for this CDC recognized lifestyle change program, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be overweight (body mass index above 24, or 22 if you are Asian)
- Have NOT been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- NOT pregnant
In addition, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:
Have had a recent blood test in the prediabetes range, which includes one of the following tests and results:
- Hemoglobin A1C is between 5.7%-6.4%
- Fasting plasma glucose is between 110-125mg/dl
All participants will be required to complete a National Diabetes Prevention Program Intake form and participant agreement form by no later than June 11, 2021.
For additional information, please contact the Washington County Commission on Aging, Inc. 301-790-0275 or email email@example.com