- This event has passed.
University Virtual Spirit Run
September 25, 2020 @ 12:00 am - September 27, 2020 @ 11:59 pm$30
University System of Maryland Hagerstown
University Spirit Run
Virtual 5K/10K/13.1 M
The University Spirit Run will be held virtually this year! Participants will have the opportunity to complete a 5K, 10K, or half marathon (13.1 m) anytime and anywhere beginning Friday, September 25th through Sunday, September 27th. Your race shirt will be mailed to you.
All proceeds from this event benefit the USMH Scholarship Fund, a fund of the University System of Maryland Foundation, Inc.
Here are the easy steps to follow to get the most out of your virtual experience.
- Register Online– for one of the three distances and don’t forget to “opt-in” for texting and include your “virtual” running location.
- Join Facebook Group– to share pre-race photos and workouts and then photos of your race day experience.
- Recruit Friends– we want to see how many areas of the country we can get people involved, but we need your help!
- Train– you will have several weeks to train before race weekend. Good luck and get at it!
- Pre-Race Communication– we will send you information as we get closer to race weekend to help you get ready and to learn how to submit your results.
- Digital Bib– print your race bib to wear during your run or walk.
- Race Weekend– it’s time! Use the Race Joy app and get out there and run or walk your registered distance.
- Submit Results– if you use Race Joy your time will automatically upload to results. If not you will get a text or email to submit your results.
- Submit Photos– from your run or walk showing your bib and share on the Facebook group page.
- Results Posted– results will continue to update Friday-Sunday of race weekend.
Download flyer Spirit Run Flyer