United Way of Washington County
UNITED WAY INSPIRES COLLABORATIONS TO IMPACT COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT.
To do this, we function as a rallying point for attracting and fostering leadership to advance collective action. Specifically, we:
- Convene cross-sector stakeholders to identify and collectively address priority community issues in Education, Financial Stability, & Health;
- Acquire and leverage resources and assets toward achieving shared community goals;
- Support a collaborative network assisting individuals in meeting their most basic needs;
- Inspire all community citizens to LIVE UNITED in our mission by giving, advocating, and volunteering.
DIVERSITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
UWWC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity. We therefore:
- Value, champion, and embrace diversity in all aspects of United Way activities.
- Support equal employment opportunity programs at both UWWC and its partners.
- Refuse to engage in or tolerate any form of harassment.
- Will not engage in any unlawful discriminatory practice.
United Way of Washington County, MD is run through volunteer governance and management committees who carefully manage its operations, so more donor dollars go to help people in our community. Donated support helps to provide basic needs, prevent abuse & neglect, care for our children, adults, and mentally disabled, provide health and mental health care and provide positive alternatives for our youth. We are accountable for our efforts. We continually evaluate programs and administrative policies for effectiveness.