Community Health Needs Assessment
A Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) is a report based on epidemiological, qualitative and comparative methods that assess the existence of health issues within a defined community and the health services, gaps and disparities that people may encounter related to those health issues. This CHNA report includes findings, survey results, conclusions and an implementation plan that has been made widely available to the public via Meritus Health, Brook Lane Health Services, Washington County Health Department and Healthy Washington County websites.
The express purpose of the FY2022 CHNA was to complete a comprehensive assessment of the health status and healthcare access needs of residents living in the Washington County healthcare region.
- Review the FY2022 health needs and determine what progress has been made
- Identify the current health status of community residents to include baseline data for
benchmarking and assessment purposes
- Identify the availability of treatment services, strengths, service gaps and opportunities
- Determine unmet community health needs and target priorities
- Develop a plan to direct community benefit and allocation of resources to meet
- Enhance strategic planning for future services
- Meet the CHNA requirements for Brook Lane Health Services and Meritus Medical
Center as not-for-profit hospitals
Healthy Washington County Partners: Brook Lane Health Services, Community Free Clinic, Community Foundation of Washington County, Comstock Center/Johns Hopkins University, HEAL of Washington County, Hagerstown-Washington County Chamber of Commerce, Meritus Medical Center, Tri-State Community Health Center, Tri-State Health Partners, United Way, Walnut Street Community Health Center/Family Healthcare of Hagerstown, Washington County Health Department, Washington County Mental Health Authority, and Washington County Public Schools.
CHNA DOCUMENTS FY2022
- Click here to view the FY2022 Community Health Needs Assessment
- Haga clic aquí para ver la evaluación de necesidades de salud comunitaria para el año fiscal 2022
- Click here to view the Appendices for the FY2022 Community Health Needs Assessment
- Click here to view the FY2022 Summary document
- Click here to view the Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) for FY 2023
- Haga clic aquí para ver el Plan de mejora de la salud comunitaria (CHIP) para el año fiscal 2023
CHNA DOCUMENTS FY2019
- Click here to view the FY2019 Community Health Needs Assessment
- Haga clic aquí para ver la evaluación de necesidades de salud comunitaria para el año fiscal 2019
- Click here to view the Appendices for the FY2019 Community Health Needs Assessment
- Click here to view the FY2019 Summary Sheet
CHNA DOCUMENTS FY2016
- Click here to view the FY2016 Community Health Needs Assessment
- Click here to view the Appendices for the FY2016 Community Health Needs Assessment
Community Solutions Hub
The Community Solutions Hub for Washington County, Maryland provides a one-stop dashboard of local aggregate data.
Mission: To centralize fragmented Washington County data from diverse social institutions in a convenient location to measure quality of life for residents, monitor progress in their strengths and needs, and ultimately catalyze precise action to achieve community well-being.
Vision: Washington County will become data informed and have the state-of-the-art tools to work together across the region to address shared challenges